Download “OpenGL ES Programming Guide for iPhone OS” in pdf format or read it online. OpenGL for Embedded Systems (OpenGL ES) is a version of OpenGL designed for mobile devices and takes advantage of modern graphics hardware.
OpenGL ES simplifies the OpenGL interface, making it both easier for hardware to implement and also easier to learn. You should read this document if : You are new to OpenGL ES and want to determine if it is the right programming interface to use in your application, You are familiar with OpenGL or OpenGL ES and want to learn how to use it on iPhone.
Table of Contents
- OpenGL ES on iOS
- Configuring OpenGL ES Contexts
- Determining OpenGL ES Capabilities
- Drawing With OpenGL ES
- Implementing a Multitasking-aware OpenGL ES Application
- OpenGL ES Application Design Guidelines
- Tuning Your OpenGL ES Application
- Concurrency and OpenGL ES
- Best Practices for Working with Vertex Data
- Best Practices for Working with Texture Data
- Best Practices for Shaders