This book brings etiquette to the bustling frontiers of cyberspace. In a series of entertaining essays, the author establishes the do’s and the don’ts of communicating online. Cyberspace is booming. Each month, millions of people are discovering the power of the Internet, online services, and corporate email systems. With this power comes responsibility.
There’s no longer an excuse. This book brings etiquette to the bustling frontiers of cyberspace. In a series of entertaining essays, the author establishes the do’s and the don’ts of communicating online, from the Golden Rule to the art of the flame, from the elements of electronic style to virtual romance. Accessible to both network wizard and clueless newbie, this is the first book to offer the guidance that all users need to be perfectly polite online.
Table of Contents
- When in Cyberspace…
- The Many Domains of Cyberspace
- Core Rules of Netiquette
- Introduction to Electronic Mail
- The Elements of Electronic Style
- Netiquette for Discussion Groups
- The Art of Flaming
- Netiquette for Information Retrieval
- Egregious Violations of Netiquette
- Electronic Mail at Work
- You, Your Company & Cyberspace
- Netiquette at Home
- Love & Sex in Cyberspace
- Email Privacy–a Grand Illusion?
- Copyright in Cyberspace
Publisher: Albion Books
Number of pages: 160
Link: Read online.