The .NET Data Access Architecture Guide provides information to help you choose the most appropriate data access approach.
It does this by describing a wide range of common data access scenarios, providing performance tips, and prescribing best practices. This guide also provides answers to frequently asked questions, such as: Where is the best place to store database connection strings? How should I implement connection pooling? How should I work with transactions? How should I implement paging to allow users to scroll through large numbers of records?
Table of Contents
- Introducing ADO.NET
- Managing Database Connections
- Error Handling
- Connecting Through Firewalls
- Handling BLOBs
- Performing Database Updates with DataSets
- Using Strongly Typed DataSet Objects
- Working with Null Data Fields
- Data Paging
File size: 415 KB
Number of pages: 86