This book is a practical introduction to Natural Language Processing (NLP). You will learn by example, write real programs, and grasp the value of being able to test an idea through implementation. If you haven’t learnt already, this book will teach you programming. Unlike other programming books, we provide extensive illustrations and exercises from NLP.
This book provides a comprehensive introduction to the field of NLP. It can be used for individual study or as the textbook a course on natural language processing or computational linguistics. The book is intensely practical, containing hundreds of fully-worked examples and graded exercises. It is based on the Python programming language together with an open source library called the Natural Language Toolkit (NLTK).
Table of Contents
- Language Processing and Python
- Text Corpora and Lexical Resources
- Processing Raw Text
- Categorizing and Tagging Words
- Data-Intensive Language Processing
- Structured Programming in Python
- Shallow Linguistic Processing
- Grammars and Parsing
- Advanced Topics in Parsing
- Feature Based Grammar
- Analyzing the Meaning of Sentences
- Linguistic Data Management
Link: Read online.