This draft version of C# book gives you an introduction to the C# programming language and shows you how to create XNA games using it. Each chapter can be downloaded in pdf format for free.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: The first chapter. This sets the scene for the book and gets our first C# program running on an XBOX 360.
- Chapter 2: This is the chapter where we start writing code. We discover how games are organsed into classes and perform some simple updates and tests on variables.
- Chapter 3: This is where we start to use the gamepad to control our programs. And find that we can read minds and scare people….
- Chapter 4: In Chapter 4 we discover how we can load our own images into XNA games and position them on the screen.
- XNA Hypnotic Display: This is an XBOX Creators Club game for the desktop PC. It just displays a rather nice changing colour scheme. You can use gamepad 1 to change the picture and move the time display around, press the gamepad Start button to put it back to how it was originally and the Back button (or escape on the keyboard) to stop it. It has been optimised for use with a 1280 x 1024 desktop display.