Java Platform Performance is a comprehensive field manual full of battle-tested strategies and tactics for developing high-performance applications and applets with Java technology. It covers every aspect of Java performance, including speed, scalability, RAM footprint, startup time, and user-perceived performance factors.
Part I covers the crucial process issues associated with Java optimization, outlining how performance tuning fits into the software development process, showing how to use benchmarks and profiling tools to identify hot spots and bottlenecks, and presenting general strategies for enhancing the performance of Java technology-based systems. In Part II, the authors present a wide array of concrete optimization techniques. The book contains detailed appendices on garbage collection and the Java HotSpota Virtual Machine, written to address key performance questions.
Table of Contents
- What is Performance?
- The Performance Process
- Measurement is Everything
- I/O Performance
- RAM Footprint
- Controlling Class Loading
- Object Mutability: String and Other Things
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Using Native Code
- Swing Models and Renderers
- Writing Responsive User Interfaces with Swing
- The Truth About Garbage Collection
- The Java HotSpot Virtual Machine
Number of pages: 256
Link: Currently not available.