“Intro to ASP.NET MVC 4 with Visual Studio” will teach you the basics of building an ASP.NET MVC Web application using Microsoft Visual Studio 11 Express Beta for Web, which is a free version of Microsoft Visual Studio.
You’ll implement a simple movie-listing application that supports creating, editing, searching and listing movies from a database. The application also lets you add, edit, and delete movies, as well as see details about individual ones. All dataentry scenarios include validation to ensure that the data stored in the database is correct.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Adding a Controller
- Adding a View
- Adding a Model
- Accessing Your Model’s Data from a Controller
- Examining the Edit Methods and Edit View
- Adding a New Field to the Movie Model and Table
- Adding Validation to the Model
- Examining the Details and Delete Methods