Free online book “Information Systems: A Manager’s Guide to Harnessing Technology” is intended for use in undergraduate and/or graduate courses in Management Information Systems and Information Technology.
One of BusinessWeek’s “Professors of the Year”, John Gallaugher of Boston College, brings you a brand new Management Information Systems textbook that teaches students how he or she will experience IS from a Managers perspective first hand through interesting coverage and bleeding-edge cases.
At a time when technology is in the headlines of every major business publication, students consistently rank IS among the least appealing courses in the management curriculum. Information Systems: A Manager’s Guide to Harnessing Technology aims to change that.
Table of Contents
- Zara: Fast Fashion from Savvy Systems
- Strategy and Technology
- Netflix: David Becomes Goliath
- Moore’s Law and More: Fast, Cheap Computing and What It Means for the Manager
- Understanding Network Effects
- Peer Production, Social Media, and Web 2.0
- Facebook: Building a Business from the Social Graph
- Google: Search, Online Advertising, and Beyond…
- Understanding Software: A Primer for Managers
- Software in Flux: Partly Cloudy and Sometimes Free
- The Data Asset: Databases, Business Intelligence, and Competitive Advantage
Link: Read online.