Go It Alone! : The Secret to Building a Successful Business on Your Own: This engaging, if optimistic, primer insists that you don’t need much capital, or much risk-taking, to start a business.
This book is also about how to dramatically limit the risk of failure associated with any new venture. You can substantially limit that risk. You can both avoid the mistakes that frequently lead to rapid business destruction and learn the steps that successful entrepreneurs take to avoid failures.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: Conventional Wisdom Is Just Plain Wrong
- Overview: The New Go-It-Alone Business
- Principles for Success
- The Great Shift in What’s Possible
- Do What You Do Best
- How to Create Your Business System
- The Myths About Start-ups
- Why You Don’t Want to Be a Free Agent or a Franchisee
- Managing Extreme Outsourcing
- Lessons from Some Inventive Companies
- Evaluating Your Proposed Business
- When to Quit Your Day Job
- The Race to Liquidity: Why Venture Capital Is Not for You
- Mistakes Happen-Learn from Them
- Suddenly, Just Me
- Conclusion: Fear Is The Enemy
Number of pages: 240
Link: Read online.