“FreeBSD Developers’ Handbook” is part of The FreeBSD Documentation Project. So here we are. System all installed and you are ready to start programming. But where to start? What does FreeBSD provide? What can it do for me, as a programmer?
These are some questions which this chapter tries to answer. Of course, programming has different levels of proficiency like any other trade. For some it is a hobby, for others it is their profession. The information in this chapter might be aimed toward the beginning programmer; indeed, it could serve useful for the programmer unfamiliar with the FreeBSD platform.
Table of Contents
- Programming Tools
- Secure Programming
- Localization and Internationalization – L10N and I18N
- Source Tree Guidelines and Policies
- Regression and Performance Testing
- IPv6 Internals
- Building and Installing a FreeBSD Kernel
- Kernel Debugging
- x86 Assembly Language Programming
Link: Read online.