“The Developer Evangelist Handbook” by Christian Heilmann is free to read online. A developer evangelist is a spokesperson, mediator and translator between a company and its technical staff.
This handbook will get you on the way to be a great developer evangelist for any product or company. Of course your approach needs tweaking for different markets and audiences – and in accordance with your own personality – but the main principles are the same for everybody and anywhere in the world.
Table of Contents
- Defining developer evangelism
- Start with the right mindset
- Find your role and play to your strengths
- Remove the brand
- Work with the competition
- Work with your own company
- Prepare for outreach
- Get speaking opportunities
- Deliver a talk or workshop
- Write great posts and articles
- Write excellent code examples
- Prepare great slide decks for presentations
- Record your output
- Know and use the (social) web
- Work with the conference buzz
- Additional presentation tips
Number of pages: 61
Link: Read online.