Read Programming Scala online for free via an experimental offering from O’Reilly Labs. Programming Scala introduces an exciting new language that offers all the benefits of a modern object model, functional programming, and an advanced type system.
Packed with code examples, this comprehensive book teaches you how to be productive with Scala quickly, and explains what makes this language ideal for today’s highly scalable, component-based applications that support concurrency and distribution. You’ll also learn the advantages that Scala offers as a language for the Java Virtual Machine.
Table of Contents
- Zero to Sixty: Introducing Scala
- Type Less, Do More
- Rounding Out the Essentials
- Basic Object-Oriented Programming in Scala
- Advanced Object-Oriented Programming In Scala
- The Scala Object System
- Functional Programming in Scala
- Robust, Scalable Concurrency with Actors
- Herding XML in Scala
- Domain-Specific Languages in Scala
- The Scala Type System
- Application Design
- Scala Tools, Libraries and IDE Support
Number of pages: 448
Link: Read online.