Free online book “Google Web Toolkit and App Engine Book”. Rather than writing a full book, gwt-gae-book complements existing online materials in a logical, structured, easy to follow way.
With the help of community, this set of guides and samples intends to: Introduce engineers to GWT and GAE, Show by example best practices for implementing common functionality, Complement and heavily reference existing online materials, rather than duplicating existing contents. Along the book, we’ll develop a full real application used to practically illustrate the concepts explained.
Table of Contents
- Clarifying your ideas before writing code
- Visualizing your application in action
- Are you using the right tool for the job?
- Getting started
- Data modeling
- Building the landing page
- Client-server communication
- Authentication with OpenID
- Storing entities in App Engine datastore
- Listing saved performances
- Updating and deleting performances
- Quality assurance
- Managing shows
- Exposing read-only data to 3rd parties
- Managing locations with REST APIs
Link: Read online.