This free online book “Dive Into HTML5” is the draft version of the upcoming book “HTML5: Up and Running” from O’Reilly Media.
The author of the book Pilgrim Mark has published the drafts of the book. The latest version of this markup language is going to significantly change the way you develop web applications, and this book provides your first real look at HTML5’s new elements and attributes. This concise guide is the most complete and authoritative book you’ll find on the subject. Author Mark Pilgrim writes the weekly digest for the HTML5 Working Group, and represents Google at conferences on HTML5’s capabilities.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: Five Things You Should Know About HTML5
- A Quite Biased History of HTML5
- Detecting HTML5 Features: It’s Elementary, My Dear Watson
- What Does It All Mean?
- Let’s Call It a Draw(ing Surface)
- Video in a Flash (Without That Other Thing)
- You Are Here (And So Is Everybody Else)
- A Place To Put Your Stuff
- Let’s Take This Offline
- A Form of Madness
- “Distributed,” “Extensibility,” And Other Fancy Words
- Manipulating History for Fun & Profit
- The All-In-One Almost-Alphabetical No-Bullshit Guide to Detecting Everything
- HTML5 Peeks, Pokes and Pointers
Link: Read online.