“Business Information Systems: Design an App for That” by Frost, Pike, Kenyo and Pels is a text that will help students learn Information Systems by doing Management Information Systems.
Students in introductory Management Information Systems (MIS) courses often ask what a career in MIS looks like. Lacking a clear vision, they make their own assumptions. Often they assume the career involves programming with little human interaction. That MIS is a technical field could not be further from the truth. MIS job descriptions typically require candidates to be able to collaborate, communicate, analyze needs and gather requirements. They also list the need for excellent written and communication skills. In other words, MIS workers are constantly interacting with other people both inside and outside the organization. They are coming up with creative solutions to business problems. Business Information Systems by Frost, Pike, Kenyo and Pels is designed to help students get a feel for what a career in MIS would be like.
Table of Contents
- Information Systems in Your Life: Types of Systems and Careers
- Information Systems to Enhance Business: Business Process Redesign
- Professionalism in Deliverables: Principles of Graphic Design
- User Centered Design: Design an iPhone App
- Planning Usable Websites: Design a Website to Market the App
- Build, Buy, or Reuse Solutions: Develop a Website to Market the App
- Knowledge with Information Systems: Forecast Revenues and Expenses for the App
- Decision Support: Determine Feasibility of a Business Loan for the App
- Industry Analysis: Smartphone Apps
- Business Intelligence: Analysis of App Sales Data
- Writing the Business Case: Design a Report for the App
- Presenting the Business Case: Design a Presentation for the App
- Establishing Credentials: Networking and Placement
- Microsoft PowerPoint Techniques
- Cloud Computing Techniques
- Microsoft Excel Techniques
- Microsoft Access Techniques
- Microsoft Word Techniques
Publisher: Flat World Knowledge Inc.
Number of pages: 255
Link: Read online.