Free ebook “SQL Performance Explained” by Markus Winand. It is a free guide to SQL performance for developers. Unlike many other SQL performance tuning resources, “SQL Performance Explained” avoids unnecessary details about database internals but highlights the most important topic for fast SQL: proper indexing.
SQL Indexing is a vendor independent topic. You know, they all put their pants on one leg at a time. However, different products use different terms for the same feature. “SQL Performance Explained” covers IBM DB2, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL Server explicitly to show where they differ, and where not. The main text uses the Oracle database’s terms only—for a better reading experience.
Table of Contents
- Anatomy of an Index
- The Where Clause
- Testing and Scalability
- Joins (not yet published)
- Fetching Data (not yet published)
- Sorting, Grouping and Partitioning (not yet published)
- Views (not yet published)
- Advanced Techniques (not yet published)
- Insert, Delete and Update (not yet published)
File size: 278 KB
Number of pages: 108