This free guide provides design-level guidance for the architecture and design of applications built on the .NET Framework. It focuses on the most common types of applications, partitioning application functionality into layers, components, and services, and walks through their key design characteristics. This guide is a collaborative effort between patterns & practices, product teams, and industry experts.
The guide helps you to:
- Understand the underlying architecture and design principles and patterns for developing successful solutions on the Microsoft platform and the .NET Framework.
- Identify appropriate strategies and design patterns that will help you design your solution’s layers, components, and services.
- Identify and address the key engineering decision points for your solution.
- Identify and address the key quality attributes and crosscutting concerns for your solution.
- Create a candidate baseline architecture for your solution.
- Choose the right technologies for your solution.
- Identify patterns & practices solution assets and further guidance that will help you to implement your solution.
Table of Contents
- What Is Software Architecture?
- Key Principles of Software Architecture
- Architectural Patterns and Styles
- A Technique for Architecture and Design
- Layered Application Guidelines
- Presentation Layer Guidelines
- Business Layer Guidelines
- Data Layer Guidelines
- Service Layer Guidelines
- Component Guidelines
- Designing Presentation Components
- Designing Business Components
- Designing Business Entities
- Designing Workflow Components
- Designing Data Components
- Quality Attributes
- Crosscutting Concerns
- Communication and Messaging
- Physical Tiers and Deployment
- Choosing an Application Type
- Designing Web Applications
- Designing Rich Client Applications
- Designing Rich Internet Applications
- Designing Mobile Applications
- Designing Service Applications
- Designing Hosted and Cloud Services
- Designing Office Business Applications
- Designing SharePoint LOB Applications
Format(s): PDF, HTML
File size: 7.59 MB
Number of pages: 560
Link: Download or read online.