“Discourses on Social Software” can be downloaded in pdf format for free. The unusual format of a series of discussions among a logician, a computer scientist, a philosopher and some researchers from other disciplines encourages the reader to develop his own point of view. The only requirements for reading this book are a nodding familiarity with logic, a curious mind, and a taste for spicy debate.
The intended readership of the present volume is quite broad: we hope the book will appeal to a wide range of scientically minded readers willing to look beyond the borders of their own specialisms. Anyone to which this
description applies, and who has a bit of knowledge of mathematics and logic, should be able to grasp what goes on in the discourses. We have tried to make sure that specic expertise in any of the elds contributing to “Games, Action and Social Software” is not required.
Table of Contents
- Introductory Conversation
- Replies to Angry, Prag and Star
- What is Social Software?
- A Guest Lecture on Social Software
- Social Software and the Social Sciences
- On Social Choice Theory
- Ends and Means, Values and Virtues
- Common Knowledge and Common Belief
- Game Theory, Logic, and Rational Choice
- What is Protocol Analysis?
- Protocol Analysis and Dynamic Epistemic Logic
- Battle of the Logics
- Eating from the Tree of Ignorance
- On Collective Rational Action
- Social Software and the Ills of Society
File size: 2.90 MB
Number of pages: 270