This 468 page free ebook “Developing SharePoint Applications” guidance helps architects and developers design and build applications that are both flexible and scaleable.
It shows developers how to provide IT professionals with the information they need to maintain those applications and diagnose problems when they arise. The two reference implementations illustrate how to solve many of the common challenges developers encounter. One reference implementation addresses basic issues such as creating lists and content types. The other addresses more advanced problems such as how to integrate line of business services, how to create collaboration sites programmatically, and how to customize aspects of publishing and navigation. A library of reusable components helps you adopt techniques used in the reference implementations. The guidance discusses approaches for testing SharePoint applications, such as how to create unit tests, and documents experiences with stress and scale testing one of the reference implementations.
Table of Contents
- Developing SharePoint Applications
- Design and Development Guidelines
- Application and Design Patterns
- The SharePoint Guidance Library
- Integrating Line-of-Business Systems
- Considerations for Content-Driven Applications
- Considerations for Enterprise-Scale Applications
- Considerations for Extranet Development
- Partner Portal Reference Implementation
- Training Management Reference Implementation
File size: 9.02 MB
Number of pages: 468