“Best of Smashing Magazine: Anniversary eBook”, a 409 page free ebook on Web design from Smashing Magazine. This eBook is their humble gift to you for your support, criticism and encouragement over all these years. It contains the best — most useful, most interesting or most inspiring — articles that have been published on Smashing Magazine over the last five years. They have been carefully edited, proofread and updated for your convenience and a pleasing reading experience.
It discusses usability issues and the principles of effective Web design. It covers the guidelines for beautiful and effective typography, and it spotlights methods of responsive Web design. In addition, you’ll learn how to master professional Photoshop techniques, explore storytelling in your designs, and focus on three key areas to polish your content strategy. Never thought that harmony between designers and developers was possible? Dig in to see how the two camps can collaborate productively and learn from each other.
Table of Contents
- 30 Usability Issues to Be Aware Of
- 10 Principles of Effective Web Design
- Clever JPEG Optimization Techniques
- Typographic Design Patterns and Best Practices
- 10 Useful Usability Findings and Guidelines
- Setting up Photoshop for Web and iPhone Development
- The Ails of Typographic Anti-Aliasing
- Mastering Photoshop: Noise, Textures and Gradients
- Better User Experience With Storytelling, Part 1
- Better User Experience With Storytelling, Part 2
- The Beauty of Typography, Part 1
- The Beauty of Typography, Part 2
- Web Designers, Don’t Do It Alone
- Making Your Mark on the Web Is Easier than You Think
- Responsive Web Design: What It Is and How to Use It
- I Want to Be a Web Designer When I Grow Up
- Persuasion Triggers in Web Design
- What Font Should I Use?
- The Design Matrix: A Powerful Tool for Guiding Client Input
- Why User Experience Cannot Be Designed
- Dear Web Design Community, Where Have You Gone?
- Make Your Content Make a Difference
- Two Cats In a Sack: Designer-Developer Discord
- Print Loves Web
Format(s): PDF, ePub, mobi
File size: 15.52 MB
Number of pages: 409