Free eBook “A Computer Science Tapestry: Exploring Computer Science with C++” is designed for use in a first course in computer science (CS1) that uses C++ as its programming language.
This book covers basic concepts in programming, program design and computer science along with giving students a good introduction to the C++ language. In the new edition, Astrachan has put more emphasis on object-oriented programming by introducing a graphics library and including a new chapter on object-oriented techniques.
Table of Contents
- Computer Science and Programming
- C++ Programs: Form and Function
- Program Design and Implementation
- Control, Functions, and Classes
- Iteration with Programs and Classes
- Classes, Iterators, and Patterns
- Class Interfaces, Design, and Implementation
- Arrrays, Data, and Random Access
- Strings, Streams, and Operators
- Recursion, Lists, and Matrices
- Sorting, Templates, and Generic Programming
- Dynamic Data, Lists, and Class Templates
- Inheritance for Object-Oriented Design
Format(s): PDF, HTML
File size: 4.37 MB
Number of pages: 879
Link: Download or read online.