Free Network Security book from O’Reilly Commons. Network Security Tools shows experienced administrators how to modify, customize, and extend popular open source security tools such as Nikto, Ettercap, and Nessus.
This concise, high-end guide shows experienced administrators how to customize and extend popular open source security tools such as Nikto, Ettercap, and Nessus. It also addresses port scanners, packet injectors, network sniffers, and web assessment tools. Network Security Tools is the one resource you want at your side when locking down your network.
Table of Contents
- Writing Plug-ins for Nessus
- Developing Dissectors and Plug-ins for the Ettercap Network Sniffer
- Extending Hydra and Nmap
- Writing Plug-ins for the Nikto Vulnerability Scanner
- Writing Modules for the Metasploit Framework
- Extending Code Analysis to the Webroot
- Fun with Linux Kernel Modules
- Developing Web Assessment Tools and Scripts
- Automated Exploit Tools
- Writing Network Sniffers
- Writing Packet-Injection Tools
Number of pages: 342
Link: Read online.