The free online version of “Natural Language Processing with Python” published by O’Reilly Media is avialble from author’s website.
This book offers a highly accessible introduction to Natural Language Processing, the field that underpins a variety of language technologies ranging from predictive text and email filtering to automatic summarization and translation.
With it, you’ll learn how to write Python programs that work with large collections of unstructured text. You’ll access richly annotated datasets using a comprehensive range of linguistic data structures, and you’ll understand the main algorithms for analyzing the content and structure of written communication.
This book is made available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works 3.0 US License.
Table of Contents
- Language Processing and Python
- Accessing Text Corpora and Lexical Resources
- Processing Raw Text
- Writing Structured Programs
- Categorizing and Tagging Words
- Learning to Classify Text
- Extracting Information from Text
- Analyzing Sentence Structure
- Building Feature Based Grammars
- Analyzing the Meaning of Sentences
- Managing Linguistic Data
- Afterword: Facing the Language Challenge
Number of pages: 512
Link: Read online.