Free online book “Moving Applications to the Cloud on the Microsoft Azure Platform” from Microsoft Presss. This book is the first volume in a planned series about the Windows® Azure™ platform and focuses on a migration scenario.
It introduces a fictitious company named Adatum which step-by-step modifies its expense tracking and reimbursement system, aExpense, so that it can be deployed to Windows Azure. Each chapter explores different considerations: authentication and authorization, data access, session management, deployment, development life cycle and cost analysis.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to the Windows Azure Platform
- The Adatum Scenario
- Getting to the Cloud
- How Much Will It Cost?
- Automating Deployment and Using Windows Azure Storage
- Uploading Images and Adding a Worker Role
- Application Life Cycle Management for Windows Azure Applications
- Adding More Tasks and Tuning the Application
Link: Read online.