Written by a leading developer and maintainer of the Linux kernel, Linux Kernel in a Nutshell is a comprehensive overview of kernel configuration and building, a critical task for Linux users and administrators. This free book is available for download in either PDF or DocBook format for the entire book, or by the individual chapter.
Linux Kernel in a Nutshell covers the entire range of kernel tasks, starting with downloading the source and making sure that the kernel is in sync with the versions of the tools you need. In addition to configuration and installation steps, the book offers reference material and discussions of related topics such as control of kernel options at runtime.
Table of Contents
- Requirements for building and using the kernel
- Retrieving the kernel source
- Configuring and Building
- Installing and Booting From a Kernel
- Upgrading a kernel
- Customizing a Kernel
- Kernel Configuration Recipes
- Kernel Boot Command-line Parameter Reference
- Kernel Build Command-line Reference
- Kernel Configuration Option Reference
Number of pages: 200
Link: Read online