The original intent of this book was to provide Macromedia Flash developers with the knowledge necessary to create user-friendly Macromedia Flash experiences on the Web.
The need for this paper has never been more crucial, since many of the most vocal Web critics have recently portrayed Macromedia Flash content in a negative light. The claims that Macromedia Flash content is bad for the Web or that Macromedia Flash and usability are polar opposites are both myths.
Table of Contents
- Usable Macromedia Flash‚myth no more
- What “usability” means
- A guide to better Macromedia Flash
- The journey, a metaphor for developing usable Macromedia Flash
- Development steps to creating user-friendly Macromedia Flash
- Usability benefits offered by Macromedia Flash
- Usability tips for embedding Macromedia Flash
- Sound usability tips
- Allow user controls
- Macromedia Flash and search engine strategies
- Guidelines for user testing of Macromedia Flash content
- Testing summary
- Summary for the journey metaphor
- Challenge: improve usability with Macromedia Flash
- Improve your Macromedia Flash with usability today
Link: Read online.