An introductory to intermediate level tutorial in designing arcade computer game graphics, focusing on the development of quality 2D graphics. Graphics play a central role in the computer gaming experience, and arcade-style games are no exception.
Designing Arcade Computer Game Graphics emphasizes the development of quality graphics for 2D arcade-style computer games, both online and offline, including such topics as game design and documentation, graphics tools, animation, proper color usage, and fonts. Graphic designer and animator Ari Feldman provides a step-by-step example of designing 2D graphics and animation for an arcade-style game.
Table of Contents
- Arcade Games and Computer Arcade Game Platforms
- Designing for Different Display Modes
- Image Compression and Graphic File Formats
- Files and File Management
- Evaluating Graphics Creation Tools
- Essential Graphics Tools
- Color and Arcade Game Graphics
- All About Color Palettes
- Arcade Game Animation
- Fonts and Arcade Games
- Planning Arcade Game Graphics
- Hands-on Arcade Game Project—Fish Dish
- Miscellaneous Topics and Final Thoughts
Publisher: Wordware Publishing, Inc.
File size: 4.80 MB
Number of pages: 514