This is a collection of tips for designing a good web site. It is presented as an online book. I like to think of website design as like painting on a canvas. You’re given a blank page, and you can use your imagination to fill it with whatever you want.
This guide is going to talk about different things you need to think about when you decide to start designing websites.
Table of Contents
- Designing for the Digitized Web Canvas
- Making Your Site Available to All (Web Site Accessibility)
- Fundamental Web Design Layout
- Using Images and Video
- Understanding Bandwidth, Transfer Usage, and Hosting
- Basic Web Technologies and Web Design Software
- Finishing Up: Loose Ends
Link: Read online.