Computer Science: Reflections on the Field, Reflections from the Field provides a concise characterization of key ideas that lie at the core of computer science (CS) research.
The book offers a description of CS research recognizing the richness and diversity of the field. It brings together two dozen essays on diverse aspects of CS research, their motivation and results. By describing in accessible form computer science s intellectual character, and by conveying a sense of its vibrancy through a set of examples, the book aims to prepare readers for what the future might hold and help to inspire CS researchers in its creation.
Table of Contents
- The Essential Character of Computer Science
- Exponential Growth, Computability, and Complexity
- Abstraction, Representation, and Notations
- Data, Representation, and Information
- Achieving Intelligence
- Building Computing Systems of Practical Scale
- Research Behind Everyday Computation
- Personal Statements of Passion About Computer Science Research
Format(s): PDF, HTML
File size: 8.96 MB
Number of pages: 208
Link: Download or read online.