Writing programs is Fun! This e-book will have you coding your very own C# programs in no time! With fun cartoons and easy to follow code samples, you’ll be creating your own inventions in no time! The book is divided into 5 Parts.
It is possible to create C# programs using nothing but a simple text editor (like Notepad) and something called the “C# compiler” included with the .NET Framework. To make things a little easier though, and to make sure you can carry on further once you’ve read this book, we suggest you use a development environment such as Visual C# Express. It is a lightweight environment for developing Windows applications and console (command-line) applications, using C#.
It’s important that you understand that this book is not about teaching you about the Visual C# Express Edition software product – rather it teaches you about the C# language. Visual C# Express also has lots of snazzy features like writing C# code for you when you drag-and-drop a button or other control onto the page. That’s cool and you’re welcome to use it – but this book aims to teach you C# “from the ground up”. We’d like you to learn to write C# code by hand first – so that you really understand what’s happening.
Table of Contents
- Part I – Getting Started
- Software You’ll Need
- Formatting Standards Used in this Book
- What’s Next?
- Part II – Learning to Communicate
- A Shared View of The World: The Alien, the Elephant and the Coconut Tree
- Computers Are Just Like Aliens
- The Object-Oriented Approach Summarized
- Fields and Their Types
- How to Use Fields
- More About Methods
- Methods that Send Values Back
- Public, Private and Protected Methods
- Constructor Methods
- The Button Click Event
- Mouse Events
- Name Spaces
- Part III – The C# Language
- Some General Grammar Rules
- Capital and Small Letters
- Code Blocks – Grouping Statements Together
- Comments – Helping the Humans Out
- Indenting Your Code
- Converting Between Types
- The For Loop
- The While Loop
- Whole Program Structure
- Using Class Libraries
- Part IV – Programming with the .NET Framework
- Part V – Beyond This Book
Format(s): HTML, Doc
File size: 2.90 MB
Number of pages: 166
Link: Download or read online.