“Android Application Development Cookbook: 100 Recipes for Building Winning Apps” is a “in-progress” book available on O’Reilly Media’s Open Feedback Publishing System.
Wei-Meng Lee (Microsoft MVP) is a technologist and founder of Developer Learning Solutions, a technology company specializing in hands-on training on the latest Microsoft technologies. He is an established developer and trainer specializing in .NET and wireless technologies.
Currently Messaging, Location Data and Google Maps chapters are available from the book.
Table of Contents
- Sending SMS Messages Through the Built-in Messaging Application
- Sending SMS Messages Programmatically in Your Android Application
- Monitoring the Status of Sent SMS Messages Programmatically
- Monitoring Outgoing SMS Messages
- Intercepting Incoming SMS Messages
- Obtaining Geographical Location Using GPS, Wi-Fi, or Cellular Networks
- Choosing the Best Location Provider to Use
- Monitoring a Location
- Using a BroadcastReceiver to Obtain Locations
- Location Data Logging
- Displaying Google Maps
- Zooming in and out of the Google Maps
- Responding to Zooming and Panning
- Changing Map Views
- Navigating the Map to a Particular Location
- Adding Markers to the Map
- Finding a User-Friendly Address Using Reverse Geocoding, and Vice Versa
Link: Read online.