This free online book provides a complete tutorial introduction to the GNU C and C++ compilers, gcc and g++. Many books teach the C and C++ languages, this book teaches you how to use the compiler itself.
All the common problems and error messages encountered by new users of GCC are carefully explained, with numerous easy-to-follow “Hello World” examples.
Table of Contents
- Compiling C and C++ programs using header files and libraries
- Warning options
- Use of the preprocessor
- Static and dynamic linking
- Platform-specific options
- Profiling and coverage testing
- Paths and environment variables
- The C++ standard library and templates
Publisher: Network Theory Ltd
Number of pages: 144
Link: Read online.