Ada and Beyond: Software Policies for the Department of Defense is freely available online.
Ada was developed in the 1970s by the Department of Defense (DOD) and adopted in some DOD programs until its use was required for new software development in 1987. It has been employed as a tool for developing quality software and as a DOD policy lever to encourage DOD organizations and programs to adopt modern software engineering principles. Changes within DOD, the software engineering community, and the commercial software industry have led DOD to reassess its programming language policy.
Table of Contents
- The Changing Context for DOD Software Development
- Software Engineering and the Role of ADA in DOD Systems
- DOD Software Policy: Analysis and Recommendations
- Implementation of Recommended DOD Software Policy
- Implementation of Recommended Strategy for Investment in ADA
Format(s): PDF, HTML
File size: 696 KB
Number of pages: 114
Link: Read online.